Safe in Banepa, Nepal

Posted by Kevin Smith | Labels: , , | Posted On Friday, August 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM

As we drove from the Kathmandu Airport to the hospital in Benepa, I had a running inner monolog that went something like this:

"OK, Jessica remember that you chose to go on this trip! You knew about the poverty, language barriers, being stared at, and people using any excuse for you to give them money, so this is all as expected. Know that you'll adjust and you'll be glad you came. God is taking care of you and Kevin and this is already a great adventure!"

My culture shock remained but without the fear and I began to take in the crumbling buildings, washed out roads, random trash piles , and sick dogs limping beside the road with curiosity and confidence.

My spirits improved further when we entered the Scheer Memorial Hospital grounds. We are staying in a small clean two bedroom apartment. It reminds me of the old Rosario Beach cabins that my family visited during the summers of my childhood.

~ Jessica

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Safe in Banepa, Nepal

Post a Comment